Sells/leases new- and used-vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Satisfies the transportation needs of vehicle purchasers.
• Sells/leases and delivers a minimum of 10 units per month.
• Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
• Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
• Explains fully product performance, application, and benefits to prospects.
• Describes all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
• Provides test drives to all prospects. Follows dealership procedure
to obtain proper identification from customer prior to test drive.
• Utilizes dealership sales control and follow-up system.
• Exhibits high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
• Knows and understands the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail automobile sales.
• Establishes personal income goals that are consistent with dealership
standards of productivity, and devises a strategy to meet those goals.
• Attends product and sales training courses as requested by sales manager.
• Keeps abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers.
• Knows and understands equity and values, and is able to explain depreciation to the customer.
• Ensures that the sales manager has an opportunity to meet each customer.
• Turns 100 percent of closed deals to finance and insurance manager,
along with properly completed paperwork (insurance information, trade
• Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.